|The Holy Bible|
This Holy Book’s existence is by itself astonishing. How can many authors form different locations and different timelines on this vast planet write differently yet when the writings are merged, they form one vast collection of 66 books whose occurrences are in a way connected?!
This should not amaze you at all as we know God is the one behind the Holy Book. He is the one who instilled the different authors with knowledge which they put down, hence the connections.
That being one of the breath taking facts about the Bible, I dug deep into the books and internet to compile the following astonishing Bible facts you have never heard of before.
Bonus Factual Joke
- The oldest computer must have been the one owned by Adam and Eve. It was of Apple model with very limited storage as it just took one byte and everything crashed.
- In 1631, a publishing company published a Bible with the typo “Thou Shalt Commit Adultery.” Only 9 of these Bibles, known as the “Sinners’ Bible” exist today.
- The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35, which states, “Jesus wept.”
- The longest book in the Bible is Psalm 119.
- According to one author, God killed about 25 million people in the Bible. Satan kills about 60 people, 10 of whom God allowed Satan to kill as part of a bet in the Book of Job.
- The longest word in the Bible is “Mahershalalhashbaz (Isaiah 8:3).
- While it took over 1,000 years to write the Old Testament, the New Testament was written within a period of 50-75 years.
- Adam’s name is from the Hebrew word a da ma, which means “the ground.”
- The Bible is the most commonly stolen book in the world, most likely because it is so available in hotel rooms and places of worship.
- Muslims believe that the Bible is revelation from God that has been corrupted by men. They believe that the Qu’ran is its correction.
- Bob Marley was buried with a stalk of marijuana, his red Gibson Les Paul guitar, and a Bible.
- The pinnacle of Renaissance art is thought to be Michelangelo’s “The Creation of Adam,” a work that depicts in a single image the entire Biblical story of God’s relationship to humanity.
- The Bible doesn’t mention how many wise men visited Christ, only that they brought three types of gifts: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
- The Bible is the best-selling book in history, with total sales exceeding 5 billion copies.
- There are 93 women who speak in the Bible, 49 of whom are named. They speak a total of 14,056 words, or about 1.1% of the Bible. There are a total of 188 named women in the Bible.
- The Gutenberg Bible was the was the first book to be printed using movable metal type.
- The world’s smallest bible can fit on the tip of a pen. Scientists etched the 1.2 million letters of the Old Testament on a tiny silicone disk, which they call the Nano Bible.”
- The word “Lucifer” is from the Latin lux “light” + ferre “carry,” or, literally, “light-bringing.”
- The last word in the Bible is Amen.